Wed, Aug 31|
Ladies Tennis Ladder Fall 2022
Back by popular demand, this year players will participate in the Ladies Ladder from September through November. Join the Ladder and meet other players in a friendly and challenging environment. It's a great way to meet new hitting partners and improve your game.
Time & Location
Aug 31, 2022, 9:00 AM GMT+7 – Nov 30, 2022, 3:00 PM GMT+7
SwissTennisXperience, 1 Đường số 11, An Phú, Quận 2, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
About the Event
Registration for the 2022 Ladies Tennis Ladder is now live! Register Now!
STX LADIES TENNIS LADDER COMPETITION
The season is from September - November and goes for 13 weeks. Joining the ladder is flexible, anyone may join anytime throughout the program.
Covered courts for matches is included with your registration and matches will be played at SwissTennisXperience, a private tennis club in An Phu, where there are 2 covered courts and clubhouse with shower.
Who can join?
The Ladies Ladder is open to ladies of all levels
When can matches be played?
Start: 1 September 2022
End: 30 November 2022 (13 weeks of play!)
Available Court Times for Ladder Matches
Monday - Friday: 9am - 3pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
VND 3,750,000 (includes registration and courts provided, more info below)
What is included?
Proceeds fund tennis programing and administration to set up new players on the court booking app, billing system and court maintenance. Includes court time where players will play under 02 fully covered courts, play as many matches as you like during the available times and have access to clubhouse facilities from 1 Sep - 30 Nov 2022. Check court availability and reserve court time via booking app or contact Mrs. Astride Robinson to reserve.
Where are matches played?
Matches will be played at SwissTennisXperience (inside the An Phu Compound)
So 1, Duong So 11
An Phu Ward, Thu Duc City
When entering the compound, please inform security that you are going to the tennis courts.
Motorbike parking is available at the entrance of the tennis courts. Cars can be parked outside in front of the compound. Car parking inside of the compound is not allowed unless security gives you permission.
We look forward to welcoming you to the club! Register Now!
For questions, please contact Astride at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +84 38 520 7478.
Please remember to reserve Wednesday, 31 August for orientation and the Round Robin, more info below.
What is a Tennis Ladder?
A tennis ladder league is a system for ranking a group of tennis players. In a tennis ladder league, players are arranged like rungs of a ladder. Players can challenge one another to a match. As a player wins or loses, the player moves up or down in position on the tennis ladder.
What is a Ladder system?
This format sees all players placed in a ladder, one on top of the other. Players challenge each other. If a player lower down the ladder beats a higher placed player, they change places – the lower, winning player moving up the ladder.
How will the initial ladder be determined?
- Start: Wednesday, 31 August 2022 9:30am, arrive at 9am to get full group orientation, answer questions, take a group photo, play a Round Robin to determin your spot on the ladder
- Finish: 3pm
- Registered players will play a competitive Round Robin (everyone plays against each other 1 match) - Best of 17 games: first to 9 games (8-8 requires 1 more game no tiebreak)
- The winner has 9 points the loser’s won games counts as points; eg; ( 9-4 the loser has 4 points) - 10 mins warm up on court before match begin
- Players must organize themselves on court with hydration/hygiene/scoring..no umpires - STX “Astride”, offers the balls for this Initiating Start of the Ladder plus entire club facilities/water/coffee and snacks
- Depending on total players Wednesday morning each player knows how many matches to play - A match can be from 45mins to 2h depending on the game and the competitors. From this format of 17 games we can make the ladder and you receive your ranking - After Wednesday’s start and the ladder positions are announced, players will use the very normal scoring system.
- YOU CAN ONLY CHALLENGE THE PLAYERS ABOVE ON THE LADDER
- You may issue 1 challenge at a time
- You can only be challenged by one player at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you
- You may challenge one rung/spot above you
- If the challenge is successful, you will take the spot of the person you challenge and your opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
- If challenged, you will have 2 days to "Accept" or "Deny" the challenge or the challenge will be considered a "forfeit" and the challenger will be granted the win.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 10 days after the date of acceptance. When a date and time is agreed, the challenger is responsible for reserving the court time via the app or contacting Astride to reserve the court time
- If you cannot play within 10 days, simply "Deny" the challenge and the challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions
- BALLS - Both players bring a new can of balls for play. The Challenger chooses which balls to use. The winner of the match takes the unopened can of balls
- SCORING - Best of 3 sets !! 6-6 tiebreak/ 3rd set no tie break .. this gives you the correct impression of what it needs/takes to manage the match.. sorry no 4 games and 1 set and golden ball etc...it's just not right !!
- IF COURT TIME EXPIRES - who won more games? That's the winner
- WHAT HAPPENS IN A TIE? The higher ranked player gets the win
- FORFEITS – if you forfeit three (3) matches in a row you will be dropped (3) additional spots
ENTERING SCORES - Winner enters scores on the shared excel sheet, a link will be provided. Please do this immediately after play is complete.
TEMPORARY LEAVE POLICY
LEAVING/RETURNING - You may take a temporary leave at any time.. But PLEASE send us an email with the subject line saying “Temporary Leave” and include in the body of the email what is your rank at the time you are taking leave. When ready to return, you must request the Administrator to put you back on the ladder. When doing so, forward that same email you sent us when you put yourself on leave.
POSITIONING - Your positioning upon returning to the ladder will be based on where you were when you left and how long you were on leave. If leave was for 21 days or less, you will start 3 rungs lower than where you left. For 22-42 days you will drop 6 rungs. You will drop 9 rungs if your leave was 42-63 days. 12 rung drop for those returning after 63 days.
Players joining the ladder after the season begins will be placed at either the bottom of the ladder depending upon their rating-equivalent. Astride may use her discretion on initial positioning if she feels that is warranted.
A NOTE FROM ASTRIDE
Our aim is to keep participation in the ladder fun, friendly and fair. We have the right to change rules at any time if we believe it's in the best interest of the spirit of the ladder. We want players to stay active and engaged. Everybody's busy - but if you ignore challenges, don't make an effort to play, it's a bummer for everyone else. Tennis is fun. This tennis community is passionate. We had a lot of fun last year before COVID visited us. So take this opportunity to play a lot of matches, and have fun!
Orientation & Round Robin